docsis_server DHCP problem

Anyone using docsis_server to provision their cable modems? I am having problems with the DHCP server part. Anything is working fine, but it seems DHCP is not listening on port 67 like it should. If i can't get this to work anyone know of a good dhcp server backended by a MySQL DB?

Reply to
dwish
Loading thread data ...

Well, several DSL and other broadband providers use DHCP to provision their services. SO that is why I posted here in hopes someone i.e. sys admin, NOC guy, etc. would know what I was talking about. Please read the second question I asked in regards to you comment because I am assuming you didn't read it. And yes docsis is a cable standard.

Reply to
dwish

| Anyone using docsis_server to provision their cable modems? I am having | problems with the DHCP server part. Anything is working fine, but it | seems DHCP is not listening on port 67 like it should. If i can't get | this to work anyone know of a good dhcp server backended by a MySQL DB?

What does DOCSIS have to do with DSL ?

DOCSIS is a Cable Modem specification.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

| Well, several DSL and other broadband providers use DHCP to provision | their services. SO that is why I posted here in hopes someone i.e. sys | admin, NOC guy, etc. would know what I was talking about. Please read | the second question I asked in regards to you comment because I am | assuming you didn't read it. And yes docsis is a cable standard.

Just because DSL uses DHCP does't mean much.

Dynamic host assignment protocols vary. For example; take dynamic IP assignment in DSL using PPPoE. It doesn't use DHCP but Internet Protocol Control Protocol (IPCP).

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.