D-Link DSL-300G+ Line quality

Hi everyone, this is my question:

Is there any way to check line quality (e.g. Attenuation, SNR) from this modem using the telnet interface?!?

The modem uses a Globespan chipset, these are the options I get using help command from telnet:

192.168.0.1 ip> help

Commands are:

? arp config device disable enable help ipatm nat norelay pfno ping profile relay rip role route routes snmp stats subnet version

'.' repeats the last command Type "ip help all" or "ip help " for more details

Use "home" to return to "192.168.0.1" prompt.

192.168.0.1 ip>

Thanks everyone!!!!

-- Ciao mine

formatting link
Classe A: Dispiacere di Guida

Reply to
mine
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, it doesn't works with 300G+ ;-(

Reply to
mine

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:40:50 GMT, "mine" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know about telnet, and I don't have the same modem, but those particular parameters can be viewed from this browser interface on my D-Link DSL-302G modem:

http://10.1.1.1/MainPage?id=33

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:50:44 GMT, "mine" put finger to keyboard and composed:

My modem also came with a Windows based utility that allows such information to be viewed. The DSL-300 manual discusses this utility, but I'm not sure if the info applies to the DSL-300G, or G+.

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Broadband/DSL300/Manual/dsl300_manual_100804.pdf ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Broadband/dsl300G/Utility/dsl300G_utility_R200b4.exe

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

Thanks a lot, I wasn't aware of this utility, however it doesn't provide the requested data :-(

I suspect the modem cannot provide to the user line quality values :-(

Reply to
mine

Reply to
rocker2002

Sorry, I don't know what bun directory is :-(

Reply to
mine

then maybe you have a different version than the one I used. in mine I went from the cli and enabled the console where I was able to list the snr/margin, attenuation, power, and physical links from the bun directory.

Reply to
rocker2002

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.