Cpe/Dslam/E-Man Testbed

My lack of knowledge keeps me from solving this problem, and maybe someone can help me... I have a testbed made of an alcatel asam7300 dslam (controlled by an AWS workstation), utp cable simulator and speedtouch 6100 dsl modem at customer side. The dslam is equipped with a vdsl line termination card. After a series of tests on the local loop (where the asam was in a "stand alone" configuration), now the problem is to interface the dslam with an E-Man "core" network in order to evaluate the performance of a vdsl video stream. The asam has a fast ethernet interface for the connection with an E-Man network. In fact it is an "Ethernet Asam": in the upstream direction it reassembles frames from ATM cells and executes a forwarding towards the E-Man network; in the downstream direction it forwards the frame to the correct ATM PVC and segments the frame into ATM cells. It implements a Cross-Connection mode, where a unique user connection is associated to a virtual LAN. The asam's "uplink" 100BaseTx cable is connected to a Juniper M10 router.

That's the situation. The AWS shows no alarms, but I have a lot of problems...I can't establish ip connectivity between asam and cpe, for example. If someone thinks he can help me somehow please contact me, all suggestion are appreciated!

Reply to
Iscom
Loading thread data ...

What do you mean no connection? No physical connection? Or IP? The ASAM7300 is a layer 2 device with layer3 remote management functdionality on later FGs. You would need to setup a device behind the DSLAM for IP connectivity unless you can figure out how to create some kind of loop in the 7300.

Reply to
rocker2002

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.