Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Computer hangs when connected to DSL modem
August 24, 2005, 10:54 am
rate this thread
A couple of days back I have taken a DSL Modem/router (make is D-Link
502T) and broad band connection. I connect to my computer (PIII 700MHz
128MB 120GB WinXP) through USB port as I don't have Ethernet card
(RJ45) on the computer. In the second USB port I connect an optical
mouse. I am facing two types of problem:
1. If the modem is connected while booting up the computer then mouse
hangs. I can login by navigating through keyboard.
2. When I boot without the modem being connected and connect the modem
after login, then computer hangs a few minutes (within 1-10 minutes)
after using internet.
Can anybody help in this regard? Thanks in advance.
Re: Computer hangs when connected to DSL modem
I believe someone mentioned to check for power saving features in the
motherboard bios as well as in windows.
My USB infrared remote kept going dead and that was tracked to the system
putting the USB port to sleep after it was idle for about 10 minutes.
- » History 1957 dial upgrade [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Re: [telecom] Ajit Pai proposes new rule that would allow carriers to block r...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum