Cannot forward verizon dsl email

Jan 29, 2006 I've gone nuts in the past month trying to forward my email from Verizon to another email server. When I tried to use the online tool, each time I got the message that it was "temporarily unavailable." Repeated telephone calls to the Verizon dsl help line were useless -- they knew less about it than I did. Finally, yesterday someone called from a higher echelon (no, that isn't a town in India) to tell me that there is a known bug in the Verizon website, but that there is a workaround. I'm posting it in case anyone else out there has had similar problems. When you sign in to Verizon dsl and go to "my accounts," you see a line that offers you the opportunity to forward your email ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net). If you try to use it as it stands, you'll get a red-barred message that says the feature is currently unavailable, try again later -- presumably in the NEXT millenium). But here's the workaround. Enter a fake forwarding address such as snipped-for-privacy@test.com (you have to do it twice), but make sure that you leave email forwarding set to off (it will try to change itself to "on," so beware). Then click "submit." Now, do the whole thing again, this time entering your real forwarding address, and set the email forwarding button to "on." Submit it again, and Voila! If you're like me, you'll have your email forwarding in place. Lots of luck on this. James

Reply to
morrison94
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.