can dialup conflict with dsl?

Is your DSL interfering with his dial-up? If one happens, so should the other, and your DSL is putting more overall power on the line than his modem is.

- Scott

Reply to
Scott Packard
Loading thread data ...

I am using windows xp and have yahoo dsl. My housemate has been using aol dialup. I have been having a number of problems with my connection:

1. Slow loading of webpages and lag.
  2. loosing my internet connection and having to reset my modem.
  3. Missing calls from my gf in the Peace Corps because I didn't know he was online.

Now I am wondering if my housemate's dial up could be causing a conflict with my dsl. Is this possible?

TIA

Louis Cipher

Reply to
Louis Cipher

| I am using windows xp and have yahoo dsl. My housemate has been using aol | dialup. I have been having a number of problems with my connection: | 1. Slow loading of webpages and lag. | 2. loosing my internet connection and having to reset my modem. | 3. Missing calls from my gf in the Peace Corps because I didn't know he was | online. | | Now I am wondering if my housemate's dial up could be causing a conflict | with my dsl. Is this possible? | | TIA | | Louis Cipher |

If the DSL lines have their microfilters installed, DUN will happily work on a POTS line with DSL. However, if you have a microfilter that is unloaded by an analogue device or the microfilters are installed incorrectly, the DUN connection will fail.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Not if the filters are correctly installed and working. You might try a new filter on the housemate's (dial) modem.

Hope I don't get flamed:

Reply to
Kay Archer

With Bell south provided filters for all my telephones, including my wife`s cpr using dialup, I`ve had no problems.

Regards Ralph

Reply to
Buddy b

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.