Bethere and Settings

Has anybody else tried setting up their own ADSL2+ Router as opposed to the BEThere ADSL Router? The reason I ask is I've set up a Draytek 2800 Router which is ADSL2+ however I only get the following:

ADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop.

ADSL2+ SHOWTIME 1133100 7158800 20.0

I've now logged a couple of calls and get an engineer with some competence but they're not exactly the smartest fish in the sea! So looking at this my SNR and Loop Attenuation look excellent with a good upload speed but hey, I'm paying for

24MB. Okay, don't expect 24MB so I had Bethere check the line and they're telling me they can see negotiation at 17.4MB, something either not being reported to me or they're just lying! I'm still with-holding judgement on that.

So I've checked my settings and I have the following now setup:

MPoA (RFC1483/2684) Encapsulation: 1483 Bridged IP LLC VPI: 0 VCI: 101 Modulation: ADSL2+ (G.992.5)

The rest of the settings are pretty standard but basically I can't get a full connection at higher than the 7144000 which as I'm paying for it I want a bit more bang for my buck!

Does anybody know anything about Bethere at the settings because basically the engineers don't! Any help would be great appreciated :-)

BigD

Reply to
BigD
Loading thread data ...

PS - Forgot to say, the reason I'm not using the Be Router, you can drive a bus through its security model! Definitely doesn't meet my company's security requirements at all!

Reply to
BigD

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.