ADSL as upload for SDSL?

Hi!

I'm using an 584kbps ADSL connection but the speed drops to 64kbps after I dowlnoad 10GB. It is very expensive to order Flat ADSL where I live (Macedonia) so I was wondering if it is possible to combine one ADSL connection that will serve as an upload with other SDSL connection? If yes, please elaborate how. I would like to implement this on a network as well.

Thank you!

Reply to
vstojanovski
Loading thread data ...

A "load-balancing" router, may do the job. That is a router that accepts more than one WAN or internet connection and shares them with the lan. There are several manufacturers. The most difficult part of using most of them is the port 25 filters that most isp have on outgoing mail.

Reply to
Kay Archer

Make sure you are not confusing bits and bytes (kbps vs. kB/s). Since adsl upload is slower than download, it is quite possible for your download to choke if your upload becomes saturated with traffic (public file sharing, worms/trojans, etc.), because acknowledgements for rec'd packets have to wait in line with uploaded packets. ToS or QoS queuing can help (different priority for different types of traffic).

It is relativly easy to have 2 connections for load balancing (used alternately), fallback (if one fails), or specific routing for specific networks. But if you want to "bond" 2 connections so one would upload and other would download, you would need something to bond them on the other end (ISP or elsewhere on internet) to make the 2 lines work as 1 public IP.

Reply to
David Efflandt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.