access to this NG

I have been accessing this NG through eagle.america.net. I will no longer have this since SBC does not support Usenet. What NG can I subscribe to that would get me here?

Thanks.

~k

Reply to
Kmee
Loading thread data ...

When you say "don't support" do you mean don't have news servers or don't help you figure out how to use them?

If it's the former, you need to purchase a subscription at one of the many paid news providers. I use NewsGuy, but it's pretty mediocre (I'll bother to research another one and change over when I get a Round Tuit), but there are lots of others.

The folks who bring you the Agent newsreader have something called APN for under $3/month at

formatting link
, though I haven't looked at it yet...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Sorry for using the wrong terminology. I realize "xdsl" is the news group name. And thanks for a server that will let me get there. Will also look into servers that SBCglobal supports.

| I have been accessing this NG through eagle.america.net. I will no | longer have this since SBC does not support Usenet. What NG can I | subscribe to that would get me here? | | Thanks. | | ~k |

This is a News Group, you mean what News Server can you use to access this News Group.

formatting link

Reply to
Kmee

SBC provides usenet access for their customers and likely carry this group.

formatting link
formatting link
Gary E

-- |Gary A. Edelstein | snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply) |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

Reply to
Gary A. Edelstein

"Kmee" wrote

I think you have some bad information. MY service from SBC includes Usenet access. I suspect it does everywhere.

Reply to
Ken Abrams

| I have been accessing this NG through eagle.america.net. I will no | longer have this since SBC does not support Usenet. What NG can I | subscribe to that would get me here? | | Thanks. | | ~k |

This is a News Group, you mean what News Server can you use to access this News Group.

formatting link

Reply to
David H. Lipman

What do you mean support? I'm posting from my sbc account to this newsgroup. The help file is here:

formatting link

And support is here:

news://sbcglobal.help.tech.newsgropups

This group may only be accessible from an sbc account.

Reply to
Kay Archer

news.sf.sbcglobal.net

works fine

Reply to
JimK

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I did go to SBC's help but I must not have used the right search word because I came up empty handed. I now see that SBC has lots of NG's. My old favorites among them.

Reply to
Kaymee

Yeah, I thought it unusual that searching for "usenet" came up empty too. Oh, well, as of tomorrow(?) they are AT&T. 8*)

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.