Still can't access remote admin on D-Link DI-804

This is supposed to be easy but I just can't get it to work!!!????

I changed the remote admin port to 8080, 2000, 20000, etc, but I still can't connect to the web interface from **outside** the LAN. The browser just returns with a "The page cannot be displayed etc.. etc.. Cannot find server or DNS Error" standard Internet Explorer error message. Within the LAN I can enter the admin tool without a problem on all configured ports. I don't know if it's relevant, but I have a DMZ zone set up that redirects to 192.168.0.100. I tried disabling the DMZ, but I still can't connect to the admin web interface.

I have the same exact internet gateway/router in another office, with the same exact problem. Can anyone tell me what's happening here????

By the way, DMZ points to a IIS Web Server (port 80) in the LAN, so my ISP is NOT blocking port 80.

Thanks for your help..

Reply to
Jessica Loriena
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried asking the experts here:

formatting link

Reply to
Rick Wintjen

Try telnetting to the web admin port, using "telnet IPADDRESS: 80" or whatever port http is running on. Run ethereal to see what is going on. J--

formatting link
Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips. ....You spend your whole life figuring out what you should have done with it, let alone what it was all about. And then your children get to do it all over again..

Reply to
John Loop

Make sure that the Remote Management IP Address is set to "*" (asterisk, no quotes)

Reply to
Jack B. Pollack

idc had written this in response to

formatting link
: Hi, If your firmware is latest 1.51b16 the solution is to downgrade to D-Link_804HV_V1.50b08.BIN It's checked :)

Reply to
idc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.