2Wire HomePNA 2.0

Thanks Jim! And it might be the reason why 2Wire also stopped supporting HomePNA from their newer models! :(

I do have two HP desktops (same model) that both later quit working on any network by Ethernet, USB straight cable and wireless. Some hardware fault is my guess. It will work with the dialup modem though. I should try to see if HomePNA will work, but I doubt it. lol

Reply to
BillW50
Loading thread data ...

If you remember my original answer, I forewarned against using a USB version.

I'm sure if you tried the ethernet model, you would be pleased.

burris

Reply to
burris

Yes I do remember burris. Although I thought you mentioned it was only the early USB versions. And I don't know how I can tell which ones I got? Plus this house was wired with intercom wiring and no phone line wiring which might make HomePNA unreliable. And so far, only 2Wire DSL modems work here (same intercom wiring) whiles others have been unreliable.

I think I have HomePNA working well again, except for around 6:30AM it logs off and then back on the network again. Hmmm... the DHCP Lease Time is renewed every 24 hours. I wonder if that knocks it offline and then it reconnects automatically?

Reply to
BillW50

UPDATE!!!

I was running the USB HomePNA from a hub earlier. Bad idea since the hub has to share the bandwidth from other devices. Sometimes the webcam was on there. Although the keyboard or the mouse I wouldn't think would be a big deal. But I moved the HomePNA to its own USB port and it has been rock solid ever since. :)

And remember those HP desktops? Well they would no longer work Ethernet, USB, USB wireless, and PCI wireless. I also created a dualboot setup and installed a fresh copy of Windows and still no dice. Well I tried HomePNA on one of them and that works fine for some reason. Which is really strange. But that is fine with me, at least it works. ;)

Reply to
BillW50

I had taken HomePNA off of the USB hub and moved it to its own USB port and bingo! Works great.

I've read that some people have lots of trouble with HomePlug. Things like wall transformers, florescent lights, motors, etc. create electrical noise on the line and can cause lots of problems with HomePlug. Have you (or anybody) ran into this?

Reply to
BillW50

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.