Zone Alarm & Windows Firewall

I am running Zone Alarm Free Edition and have Windows Firewall (Win XP Pro) turned Off.

Everytime I change any settings for my wireless network I find that I cannot connect as Windows Firewall although off has entered my changes in the execptions tab, I take it if they are set as exceptions they are stilled Firewalled by Windows XP Firewall?

\\how do I get rid of the WIreless Icon in the task bar, I am running Buffalo Client Manager with Windows Wireless Zero Config disabled so why does the other icon still appear?

Reply to
Skavenger
Loading thread data ...

To remove wireless icon.

Start - Network Connections - Right click on the wireless connection icon - properties then uncheck where it says 'show icon in etc etc' - click ok.

In regards to exception, they shouldn't work if the windows firewall is disabled. Also try a different software firewall as zonealarm can be forcibly shut down from internet with a well known exploit.

-- JM

Reply to
JM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.