ZCfgSvc.exe - PsRegApi.dll Entry Point Not Found

Any idea what this error is trying to tell me?

It happened just after I updated my laptop manufactuer's wireless drivers becausee I could not stop the wireless zero configuration (I still can't stop it).

ZCfgSvc.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point ?OpenOnly@CRegistryEx@@QAEHPAUHKEY__@@PBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library PsRegApi.dll

Kathleen

Reply to
Kat Rabun
Loading thread data ...

Did you go to the Olympics in China and stay in a Chinese controlled hotel?

Reply to
Glenda Copeland

:)

Changing windows drivers is fraught with difficulty. I don't know much about it since I now only look after my own laptop.

Have you tried rolling back the driver? See Windows device manager.

Try that first.

Failing that you could try a System Restore but I don't think that that will replace files although I could be wrong.

You have possibly ended up with mismatched versions of system files. It *could* be malicious code but don't panic yet, it probably isn't.

You did get the drivers from the manufacturers website? You did very carefully check the model number, country, maybe serial number?, operating system version, of your PC.

You did read the release notes?

You do have a backup? System recovery CD set?

You did give homage to Thor?

Otherwise delete the device and re-install. You did backup the driver files? No I have no idea how to either.

Good luck.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.