Ya gotta move fast!

Well.... I bought a Belkin Pre-N Notebood Adapter the other day and have since decided to go back and get a Pre-N Router. But in a matter of just those few days, the guy at Circuit City tells me the Pre-N is now obsolete since the new N-1 hit the shelves. Jeeeze... that was quick. So does anybody know, will a Belkin N-1 Router work as well with my Belkin Pre-N Notebood Adapter as the Pre-N Router would have?

tia Rick

Reply to
PhantMan
Loading thread data ...

Hi Rick,

You may also wish to investigate the Belkin Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Technical Forums

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks. .... and I found an answer to my question (yes, the N-1 Router seems to work with the Pre-N Adapter as well as the Pre-N Router does).

Thanks again, Rick

Reply to
PhantMan

On 8 Nov 2006 17:52:02 -0800, "

formatting link
" wrote in :

Rather than diminishing the value of this newsgroup by repeatedly sending people elsewhere, why not post answers here, which benefits everyone? There are drawbacks to web forums, including the lack of public archiving by Google.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi John,

Understand your point, however, am not seeking to diminish the value of this newsgroup.

Quite the contrary, am seeking to improve the value of this newsgroup.

---------------------------------

Rick states,

".... and I found an answer to my question (yes, the N-1 Router seems to work with the Pre-N Adapter as well as the Pre-N Router does)."

---------------------------------

So this information is now archived by Google for everyone's benefit.

John, we can't know everything but we can help point people in the right direction and hopefully, they will be as considerate as Rick and provide this newsgroup with the information they learned.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Tools

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

On 8 Nov 2006 22:07:24 -0800, "

formatting link
" wrote in :

By sending people away repeatedly? Really?

This is the great exception -- usually not.

With all due respect, you can't have much Usenet experience to think that.

It's one thing to refer them to a complementary web page you know to contain the specific info they need (like the wikis below), but another thing entirely to point them in general to a web forum that drains participation from Usenet, which mostly serves to diminish the value of this forum. This isn't an advertising venue for web forums. Please respect that and don't set a bad example. Thanks.

Reply to
John Navas

ahhhh...balance in the universe is restored

Reply to
mr.b

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.