Xbox Live Over ICS Problems

Because the xbox 360 wifi adapers are ~£60 i connect my 360 through my laptop (Win XP SP2) which then connects to my wifi router. When playing online the connection drops out for no apparant reason. My NAT is moderate (i got it open once and it worked fine but reverted to moderate when i rebooted!?) but i cannot goet it open whatever I do. I have forwarded the ports and turned UPnP on but still no improvement.

Anyone have any ideas to what i can do to fix this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
bremerenator
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:35:02 -0500, bremerenator wrote in :

What does "moderate" mean? Are you using ICS?

Reply to
John Navas

Disable power management on the wifi card in the laptop? If you're going to use it as a 'server' in this manner then it needs to keep that card running, not going into power saving mode.

Another thing to try, open a CMD prompt and use ping -t to keep the link active. Pick your gateway IP address for it, as in "ping -t 192.168.1.1"

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I have no idea what 'moderate' means, i assume it's another made-up microsoft word. And yes i am using ICS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
bremerenator

"Moderate"

You said you have opened the ports in your router but have you opened the same ports in your ICF firewall?

Reply to
LR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.