WVC54G Camera woes

Trawled the web for nearly two years for this and only ever seen one question regarding this problem so I am not hopeful of an answer but here goes. Bought a Linksys WVC54G camera some time ago. Worked fine both using cable and wireless until the day I decided to apply WEP 64 bit security to my wireless network. That was the last time the camera would connect wirelessly to absolutly anything. Works with cable OK but will NOT wireless. Have reset it. Reloaded the firmware. Rebuilt my own wireless network (Three times at seperate locations), but to no avail. Upon powering up the camera with no cable the ready light flashes for about 10 seconds, the screen which shows the ip address fills with 0. (zeros) and both the DHCP and Fixed logos appear. The ready light then stays steady and thats it. Only powering down and connecting a cable will then make it work.... Any offers. I think the trash bin is calling for this one if I cannot solve it... TIA Fred

Reply to
NoHope
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Will it work on wireless with security turned off?

Reply to
John Navas

No,

This is the problem. I have attempted (A number of times) to reset the camera right down to its default factory settings including no security and the SSID as linksys. As soon as I take the ethernet cable out of the camera and reboot it, it will not allocate itselt the 192.168.1.115 IP address yet it will if I then connect it to a Linksys Access point using the cable.

Reply to
NoHope

No,

This is the problem. I have attempted (A number of times) to reset the camera right down to its default factory settings including no security and the SSID as linksys. As soon as I take the ethernet cable out of the camera and reboot it, it will not allocate itselt the 192.168.1.115 IP address yet it will if I then connect it to a Linksys Access point using the cable.

Reply to
NoHope

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Linksys camera. What router are you using by chance?

Feel free to check out my website which is all about IP Cameras,

formatting link
I know various members in our forums use the same camera as you. They might be able to help.

Cheers!

Wes

NoH> No,

Reply to
info

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.