WRT54GX2 bottlenecking internet?

Ok, i'm a bit confused as to what i should do. I bought the WRT54GX2 last year, and when plugged into the router theoretically i should get

100mbps right? Ok, so that means that there shouldn't be abottleneck with speed when i'm getting about 9 mbps through my cable modem. But i am...and i have no idea why. The only thing that comes to mind is there is some sort of setting i have on thats just making it go really slow and i haven't the slightest as to what it could be.

I just restored it to factory settings and upgraded to the newest firmware which is. Firmware Version: 1.01.22

i turned off the firewall thinking maybe that was causing the slowdown but it didn't make any difference.

I am using the wireless feature with 2 other computers in my house, but while i've been running these tests those computers have been off. So i don't think they're funneling the net away.

But the slowdown is somewhere in this router. Is there some kind of optimziing that i need to do? I'm using comcast for the provider.

thanks for all your help guys and gals, if you need more info i'd be happy to give whatever else is needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
cambomb
Loading thread data ...

Excuse me for asking a silly question, but what speed ARE you getting? Read your post twice, and it doesn't say.. You will NEVER EVER get any faster speed than the slowest component in your network, and all you mention in your post is about 9 Mbps from your cable modem.. Are you expecting more speed than your cable modem provides? if so, ain't gonna happen.....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.