WRT54GX and viewing stations connected

I have a Linksys WRT54GX is there a place that I can see what IP addresses the router has given out VIA DHCP or who is connected wirelessly? I have not seen this anywhere looking through the router, anyone know?

Reply to
paul814
Loading thread data ...

Yes. Under the Status tab click Local Network/DHCP Clients Table This gives you the DHCP Active IP Table

Reply to
Pen

" snipped-for-privacy@excite.com" hath wroth:

Yep. See Status -> Local Network

and hit the "DHCP client table" listing.

The problem with this is that it does not show:

1. Addresses that the user has assigned themselves (static IP's).
  2. If the router was rebooted, addresses that are still in use, but have not yet renewed their DHCP leases.
  3. Additional addresses that have been mnaually assigned to a single MAC address.

If you want to find out what addresses are actually in use, I suggest you use a utility to scan all 254 available IP's and see if they're in use. This is an example of a crude but fast ping scan:

C:\Nmap> nmap -T3 -sP 192.168.1.0/24

Starting Nmap 4.20 (

formatting link
) at 2007-09-01 09:28 Pacific Daylight Time Host 192.168.1.1 appears to be up. MAC Address: 00:14:BF:B9:10:13 (Cisco-Linksys) Host 192.168.1.11 appears to be up. Host 192.168.1.50 appears to be up. MAC Address: 00:40:05:C7:1C:44 (ANI Communications) Host 192.168.1.51 appears to be up. MAC Address: 00:C0:A8:7F:FE:92 (GVC) Nmap finished: 256 IP addresses (4 hosts up) scanned in 14.101 seconds

Hmmm.... missed a few devices that are set to delay pings and probes.

Also, if you have a mess of Windoze boxes, some with open shares, try NBTSCAN from:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

BTW - just tried to install Nmap on a Vista laptop and it failed - NPPtools.dll missing - It appears that this network monitoring API is not available in Vista ?

Reply to
P.Schuman

"P.Schuman" hath wroth:

Running Vista is its own punishment. These might help:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Version 4.20RC2 and above show some fixes specific to Vista. However, the NPPtools.dll error is not mentioned. See release notes at:

You might want to try the latest beta version (4.22 SOC6).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.