WRT54GS-UK N00b questions

Hi,

I have the above router version 1.1 with DD-WRT installed.

I am using Wallwatcher to log to my PC by redirecting syslogd. If I don't redirect this will it still log internally, and if so how do I access the log? Can I log wireless activity too?

I would really like to log activity when my PC is not switched on, so I can see if anybody is trying to hack in via WAN or wireless - can I do this, if so please point me in the right direction. I tried a Safecom router, which I returned due to low power , but this could emaillogs at regular intervals and including wireless associations etc- does any wrt54 firmware do this?

I would also like to capture packets on other LAN ports and also the Wireless - is this possible via port mirroring or any other method ?

Thanks for any advice or URLs you can provide. I've done some googling and looked at the dd-wrt site, but I can't find the answers.

Regards

Ian

Reply to
Blonks
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.