WRT54G Wireless NAT configuration issue...

I am having trouble with a client trying to connect to a server I'm running behind my NAT. In the Applications and Gaming I have enabled on entry for the server with the ip address of the server machine. Application Start End Protocol IP Add Enable MyServer 123 122 Both 192.168.1.123 Yes.

It seems as if the server is not reachable to clients on the internet... Is there another configuration in the nat that I missed? Like in port triggering?

Reply to
KraftDiner
Loading thread data ...

Sorry both the start and the end ports are 123... (My typo)

Reply to
KraftDiner

Any particular application? There are online templates for many applications.

Wrong. Try: Application Start End Protocol IP Add Enable MyServer 122 123 Both 192.168.1.123 Yes.

Port triggering is only useful for setting up OUTGOING connections, where you don't know which LAN workstation will be running the application.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

The application is called Osirix and its a MAC OS X application. And yes I did notice the typo in the posting.. It is not however in the configuration of the NAT. i.e. the nat is as you stated..

Reply to
KraftDiner

This one?

formatting link
medical imaging software.

Osirix docs seem to indicate that it uses port 8780 for Bonjour sharing. There doesn't seem to be anything on the Osirix wiki as to network access.

formatting link
had to fish it out of the release notes at:
formatting link
for 8780 on that page).

Before tinkering with the router, try connecting to the Osirix application on port 8780 via another machine on the local LAN. This doesn't go through the router and should work. When it does, then configure the router port forwarding to point to the Osirix server and you're done.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Boujour is an apple to apple protocol. In this case I'm more interested in the DICOM protocol within Osirix... But its ok I've figured it out.. I had the wrong internal address for the port forwarding... doh!

Reply to
KraftDiner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.