WRT54G link WPC54G without WPA.....!!!!!!

Hi everybody, I have problems to link WRT54G and WPC54G using WEP or WPA with key....!!!! My network : Internet-->DSL (Freebox V4) switch with ehternet 10/100 one PC with Win98 and my laptop with PCMCIA card WPC54G with Win98. My WRT54g had the 3.03FRV2 firmware and all work perfeclty with ethernet... (WRT54G with DHCP, ip 192.168.1.1 and the other get the automatic adress.....). My WPC54G get the latest driver 6.0.0.18 I believe.... But with Wifi, I had problems because it work only if there is no encryption on the WRT54g....!!!! I try WEP and WPA shared key TKIP, the laptop try to connect, find the SSID, then get a wrong IP adress.... One of my neighbor network I think....!!! A Wanadoo SSID with an IP adress 169.254.xxx.xxx.... instead an adress like that 192.168.1.101 .....!!!!! And after one second it disconnect.... It is really strange because the soft of the WPC54G show the good SSID, good encryption and canal, but the wrong IP adress..... And fail to connect.....!!!!!

- Impossible with 64 bit WEP and key, I did not try with 128 bits key...

- Impossible with WPA shared key and TKIP, WPC54G get a wrong IP and disconnect....

- Impossible with WPA shared key and AES, The AES option is impossible to choose with the software of the WPC54g....!!!! So the wireless Network work fine at 54 Mb, only without an encryption....!!!!!! I also tried to protect my network with the good Mac adress but it fail also... Perhaps must I reboot my WRT54G...after changing configuration....??? Well I think the better will be WPA with AES but I cannot....?????? Why...????? And may I use at least WEP encryption....???? I anyone had an idea... it will be great....!!!! Thanks for all, byebye, Nicolas

Reply to
Nicoco
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.