WRT54G as repeater

A good place to learn more about the Linksys WRT54G is

formatting link
Go to the forums. Rick

Reply to
Rick Ankrum
Loading thread data ...

Does anybody know how to do this or is there a web page out there that tells you how? I've seen it mentioned on web discussion boards.

I recently got a D-Link wireless router and the signal is better than the WRT54G. However I'd like to be able to use the WRT54G on the top floor of my townhouse.

Reply to
TheMachineRNC

Well.... I downloaded the firmware and it nuked my router. The diag light keeps blinking. I've done a hard reset and it keeps happening.

Anybody know of a way to fix it? I downloaded the L>> Does anybody know how to do this or is there a web page out there that

Reply to
TheMachineRNC

Fixed it.

formatting link
Time to try again!

Fingers are crossed.

Reply to
TheMachineRNC

Try holding down the reset button while powering on and hold it down for

30 seconds or so. That should do a proper hard reset.

Failing that, go and have a look on the sveasoft forums at

formatting link
as this sort of thing is a not uncommon event when flashing with their firmware.

When my diag light kept flashing, I had to recover by soldering in the connector to the JTAG port on the router (open case required), then short out the flash ram with a bit of wire while powering on. Then upload a new loader from the PC via the parallel port (cable making required).

Then the router reboots with a default IP address and waits for a new firmware to be uploaded via tftp.

Loads of fun!

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Well done, you obviously had the half bricked router instead of the fully bricked job. :)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.