wrt54g

Is the right antenna looking from the back. That's what seems to be radiating when I assign right. I want to connect one outside antenna only.

I had it working in repeater mode. When I changed to wpa in virtual, i can't connect. Have to hook up the hard cable and try or start from scratch. Love these things.

I peeled off the front plastic which blocks vent holes.

Greg

Reply to
gregz
Loading thread data ...

Here I'm looking for references and in 2006 Jeff said left and right are looking from front. Well I'll go by my own meter readings. I think the left, from back, is one without internal cable.

Regardless of removing front stick on, the bottom feels hotter than top. Poor design.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Now I see different orientation for different versions, for the antennas. Glad I measured first.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

It varies with the hardware mutation of the WRT54G. A partial list is here:

HSMM-MESH is derived from OpenWRT which shares the same Broadcom driver as WRT54G, and should therefore be the same.

More:

Never mind left and right for the moment. What you want to use is the "MAIN" antenna, not the "AUX". Looking at the photos, the "MAIN" is the jack with the short PC trace between the shielded RF area, and the RP-BNC connector, and *NOT* the one with the coax cable. If you're not sure, put the antenna on the "MAIN" port (depending on your board layout), and try setting it to left or right antenna. Whichever one picks up the most stations wins.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.