WRT54 setup script

Im extremely new to setting up wireless routers but lately I have found myself setting up quite a few WRT54GSs in client mode for myself and friends. While it is not particlarly difficult to do I find myself making a lot of mistakes that can be a real pain to find. I am using DD WRT v 24 software and I would like to know if there is a way I can download the settings from a router that is already set up to a disk and then install them to another router. I was considering writing a script to do this. My guess is that the script would just be a string of statements assigning values to various variables. The trouble is I have no idea about corelating values assigned on the GUI with variable names used in the software.

I am also sure that once I find a simple and easy way to do this I will never have to do it again.

Jimmie

Reply to
jimmie68
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried to backup your configuration, then restore it on another unit? Click administration the backup. The items to save and restore are there.

Reply to
Pen

Thanks, I figured there may be something built in. I still have a lot to learn about the capabilities of DD-WRT. Still I would like to learn to set values by way of the command line.

JImmie

Reply to
jimmie68

The limited command line stuff is here;

formatting link

Reply to
Pen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.