WPA-PSK key help

I set up a wireless network using a D-link router about 2 years ago. I tried setting up my PlayStation 3 using that same network but it will not connect. I'm not sure if the WPA key I am using is wrong or if there's some other issue. Is there any way that I can check the WPA key that I am using to see if it's right? And if it isn't right and I can't remember the password, is the only solution to reset the router and have to re-establish the network?

Any help is MUCH appreciated!! :)

Amanda

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Amandle
Loading thread data ...

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:25:51 -0500, Amandle wrote in :

No.

Yes. It's a good idea in any event, since the passphrase should be changed regularly. I change all my passphrases and passwords at the same time I change my smoke detector batteries, each spring and fall when daylight savings changes.

Reply to
John Navas

Stupid question... how do you change your passphrase? Do you reset your router each time?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Amandle

On 2008-01-18, Amandle intrigued me by typing:

Typically, you would login to your wireless router's or standalone access point's web menu and enter a new passphrase and then save. Afterwards, you change the passphrase of your wireless clients (laptops, PDA, WiFi phones, etc) that is used to connect to your wireless network to match the new passphrase you entered in the wireless router/AP.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.