WLI-TX4-G54HP Bridge Config Problem

New WLI-TX4-G54HP Buffalo ethernet converter (radio to ethernet bridge).

Connected to a Netgear FA311/312 NIC win98se system.

Manual configuration of bridge using static IP 1.1.1.2(as per manual, bridge is 1.1.1.1 by default) Subnet mask tried firstly at 1.1.1.0 then secondly let windows set it to 255.0.0.0 with no difference in result.

Config pages of the unit stall, and have great difficulty loading. Tried

3 different browsers, same result. Multiple reloads of browser required to get any config pages. Unloading software firewall makes no difference.

When I move the unit OUTDOORS and use another cable (not the new one that came with the unit) in line of sight with municipal AP (open, not encrypted), the config pages load fine and I am able to configure the radio. For either placement of unit, "Search" shows several strong signal open hotspots with no encryption. Can get a connection to the net but site pages load somewhat slowly.

Buffalo support seems to think that the problem with the inability to load the WLI-TX4-G54HP's config pages has nothing to do with the signal strength of local AP's. But why oh why then do the config pages load properly when I put the unit outdoors and in direct sight of the AP? AP is quite a distance, maybe 1/4 mile.

Reply to
harvey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.