WLAN phone

I'm trying to find a mobile phone to purchase with wlan/wifi. i heard that there were motorola razrs that had wlan but i couldn't find one after hours of search. I would like a razr or similar phone. some features i'm looking for are:

mp3 player camera computer connectivity

my girlfriend has a samsung that has features very similar, i'm not sure if it has wlan tho. I do not want to purchase a blackberry because they are too big to carry around, too expensive, and have some reliability issues.

any help will be appriciated

Reply to
dominic4445
Loading thread data ...

I might be wrong but I think the BT Fusion in the UK (which uses V3i) uses bluetooth for the LAN connection.

Reply to
CWatters

I'm trying 2 find regular wifi, not bluetooth. thanks anyway.

Reply to
dominic4445

Does it offer regular wifi? (not bluetooth)

Reply to
dominic4445

wait, does it offer regular wlan (wifi)?

Reply to
dominic4445

Umm... off the top of my head:

UTStarcom XV-6700 or PPC-6700 (also has Bluetooth)

formatting link
Treo 700w with Wi-Fi adapter:
formatting link
formatting link
Nokia 9300i
formatting link
There are probably others.

"Computer connectivity" is a bit vague. I can't tell if that means using the cell phone as a modem (tethered access), or just transfering photos from the camera to the computah. Clarify please.

Note that some features normally found in these phones are turned off by some vendors:

formatting link

What service provider? What mode (GSM or CDMA)?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

No I believe it uses a special bluetooth based adaptor/hub to connect to the home wired LAN. It might also be hard coded to only work with the BT VOIP service.

There are devices like this

formatting link
available but they are wifi only.

Otherwise I guess you can make one using the right combination of PDA and a cards

Reply to
CWatters

GSM

Reply to
dominic4445

Get yourself a PocketPC phone. A lot of brands and models are available in the market right now. They are bigger than Razr and I don't think there is a flip one availalble but they sure have WLAN (most at 11B), Bluetooth, some have GPS (or at least a GPS option), etc.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
2004TL.NBP

Here's one of those PocketPC phone...

formatting link
I'm trying to find a mobile phone to purchase with wlan/wifi. i heard

Reply to
2004TL.NBP

I was hoping for more within the razr price range

Reply to
dominic4445

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.