Wireless work in Win98 FE?

Maybe.. Depends on the card.. Some will say they work with Win98SE, and some say WINME... Be real careful to look at the Minimum requirements. Many cards don't support WIn98 at all!

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

Depends on the card. I have a Trendware TEW-423P1 working on Win98 (1st). Had to download the latest driver from Trendnet and their tech support said

98SE was required but it works for me. HTH
Reply to
edard

A friend asked me to install a Linksys 54G wireless router on his computer . He has a fairly new Dell and uses Verizon DSL. Everything went fine and he can connect with his Compaq laptop no problem.

He also has an old P3 600 Win98 first edition box he is using for an old app he runs for his business. Can this be connected to his network with a PCI wireless card. I was under the impression you needed a minimum of Win98SE. Is that correct?

TIA, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

He might just for good measure move that machine up to WIN 98SE. Much more stable.

If that machine is used for business, maybe he should consider a wire connection for a bit more security.

Reply to
hxbarney

That's an idea. I think the card was a D-link so it should work with 98SE. I'm also going to see if he can move the app to his XP box. Seems silly to have a computer on a network running such old stuff and probably never getting any virus updates.

Thanks for the help, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.