Wireless / wired network connecting

Hello, some help please...

I have a WinXP laptop with an internal NIC and a LinkSYS Wireless-G PCMCIA card. I have a ZyXEL Prestige 650H router connecting the laptop (wired) to two Windows 98 computers. File and Printersharing, Internet etc all works fine. The ZyXEL is connected via UTP cable to a Linksys WAP54G Access Point. When I disconnect the network cable from my laptop and connect my laptop via the Linksys WAP54G Access Point I do have Internet and I can see the other computers in my network, but I cannot access any file, share or printer. The networkprotocol is IPX/SPX.

What do I have to change where to be able to share files and printers wireless as on the wired network?

Thanks already, Erik

Reply to
Hedwig en Erik
Loading thread data ...

"Hedwig en Erik" wrote in news:428ceafe$0$1546$ snipped-for-privacy@news.kabelfoon.nl:

You could try the following on the NIC(s) and remove everything else off of them:

1) Client for MS Networks 2) File and Print Sharing for MS Networks 3) Internet Protocol TCP/IP.

I too was using IPX/SPX with Nwlink as the protocol with Win 2K and XP pro machines on the wireless for a long time as I couldn't get the machines to access the wire machine with WEP enabled.

The above setup on all NIC(s) allowed the machines to share resources and do F&PS between wired and wireless machines.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.