Wireless WAN Miniport- PPPoE

I live in the Balkans and have an ISP that uses PPPoE.

I would like to set it up to use my wireless router- DI-524. I have connected the LAN cable directly from the ISP's modem to the WAN port on my router. Then, i set up the router to use PPPoE and put in the username/password. I can wirelessly connect to the router but am not able to "connect" to the internet via this wireless connection. I mean, I click on the ISP icon and click "connect" and it says it is connecting but doesn't. But, when I reconnect the LAN cable to my comp, i can connect tot he internet right away.

So, is it possible to connect WAN miniport PPPoE wirelessly through a wireless router or not. If so, any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Karl

Reply to
youthminman
Loading thread data ...

Could be in the router or computer setup.

To start, eliminate wireless and connect by cable directly to the router. Ping the router, then a common website-yahoo/google to test.

If it's still the same problem, then check the settings.

Reset the router (check manual or website) to default functions. Then go in and set up PPPoE. only.

Check your settings on the computer. Run ipconfig/all at the command prompt to see the addresses. Are you on DHCP? Autoconfig? Is your gateway on the same subnet as your IP adress ?

Also, if you have a different computer try plugging it in to the router and pinging a site.

Once you have cabled connections working, then you try wireless. Then, when all is working, add security (WPA).

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.