Wireless Video Options?

I need to mount a projector in my living room and don't have access to run all of the wires from my PC to the projector. I can however get power to it from a different source. Is there a wireless video and wireless USB option? I need some decent resolution and want the USB so that I can still control the projector options. IDEAS?

I've googled several option including the Linksys WPG54G and one called the WiJet-G but none of them seem cabable of streaming video, since I already have a projector I don't want to try one of those. Wireless projectors or whatever they are called. IDEAS?

Reply to
HotRod
Loading thread data ...

Did that on mine (viewsonic pj551) and used the x10 video stuff (sends it over the powerline one channel at a time), and used a USB presentation control to wirelessly control what was sent by the PC to the projector.... (sends hidef video from the puter, or from dvd and next week my football games!.. 8ft x 10ft projected image and surround sound)

Just an aside, I tried a wireless video transmitter and had a wap/router in the same area.. No matter what channel I used, it screwed up my wireless video (black interference bars).. From your post above it sounds like you may already have (or will) a wap router in use... Tried a wireless video gaming adapter (wasn't good enuf resolution for high def), went with powerline networking (netgear has an up to 85Mb/200Mb rather than the 14Mb from other vendors)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Reply to
JPElectron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.