Wireless USB stick access rights question

Well, the driver installation always requires administator rights to complete the install. However, the driver should be available to any mortal user to configure. I just tried it with a W2Ksp4 laptop and a DLink DI-650 card. As an ordinary user (non-administrator rights), I can add new wireless connections, connect to a new network, and tweak existing settings. However, when I dive into the control panel, and try to tweak the driver settings for the card, it shows me the settings but does not allow me to change them. Methinks that's the way it should be. Users can use the hardware, but cannot make changes to the installation. I'm not sure if your unspecified model USB "stick" works the same way, but it's highly likely.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Hello once a wireless USB stick has been installed into a PC and the software has been installed, what access rigths would you need for Win 2000 or Windows XP. What I am asking is does the user afer the installation is complete have to admin rights to be able to use this wireless connection ?

Thanks,

Justin.

Reply to
Justin

thanks for the reply, this is what I wanted to know.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.