Wireless USB question

Hey guys I have been browsing for about 4 hours to get some answers and hopefully someone here might have something to say about this. I work in a building where the access point is on the 2nd floor and I'm on 6th. I have a network dropout about 2wice every 15 minutes so I got a USB adapter with an external antenna ('eBay: USB Wireless 802.11G Adapter Card w RP-SMA Antenna Jack (item

290133673761 end time Jul-04-07 21:00:00 PDT)'
formatting link
That helped but not much. I need something to increase my adapter sensitivity as well as increase transmit power. I found the hawkings HSB2 'Hawking Technologies'
formatting link
Question is will this work and will it work without burning my USB adapter out. Everyone that talks about the HSB2 talks about attaching it to the accesspoint not the adapter. Also read somewhere that this device might put out significant amount of radiation, would it be a bad thing to sit next to one 8 hours a day?

Any help input suggestions comments etc welcome. Sorry for the long writeup

JKO

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
jack_b_uta
Loading thread data ...

4 floors is quite a distance, I'm surprised you even get a connection.

I have a network dropout about 2wice every 15 minutes so I got a

Get that with the antenna I mention below

It's omni directional.

Don't worry about that.

Don't worry about that.

I think you should get something directional antenna.

formatting link

Reply to
curly Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.