Wireless to wired LAN

In my office we have a standard wired LAN setup. In the LAN I have installed a wireless router, which allows my boss's laptop to wirelessly access the Internet through the office LAN.

The office LAN is DHCPed by a ADSL router, which gives everyone Internet access and it is this that the wireless router connects through to allow Internet access wirelessly.

LAN is using 192.168.0.x Wireless is using 192.168.1.x

So my question is: How do I make this so that the wireless and the LAN are all connected as one? i.e. How can a computer wirelessly connect to the rest of the LAN and access shared areas?

TIA

Reply to
Hakk
Loading thread data ...

On 9 Aug 2006 23:36:34 -0700, "Hakk" wrote in :

Reconfigure the wireless router as a wireless access point, as described in the How To wiki below.

Reply to
John Navas

Here, you do it like this, just apply the IP(s) based on what your gateway wire router is using.

formatting link
It doesn't make any difference wire to wire, wireless to wireless, wire to wireless, or brand name.

The principles are the same. The second router becomes a switch when you disable the DHCP on it. It becomes a wire/wireless AP switch, since the router has built-in switch technology.

formatting link
What you should have gotten was standalone wireless access point WAP and plugged it into the wire router. The WAP is a bridging device that brings two networks together as one network.

The wire and wireless that is using the wireless router as the gateway for the LAN and WAN. You converted the wire/wireless router to do the same thing.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.