Wireless throughput

I'd be interested to hear of actual MB/sec throughput from timing of your file transfers. I have a Linksys 54G Speedbooster router with Speedbooster cards in two computers. As a test I put the router and computers in the same room and copied a 170 MB file from one computer to the other. It took 85 seconds which works out to be 2 MB/sec ( 16 mbits/sec).

I would have expected double this rate but am I being optimistic?

Brian

Reply to
Brian K
Loading thread data ...

My theory is: The AP moved 32mbps, 16 from 1st computer to AP then 16 from AP to

2nd computer although the actual throughput overall pc to pc was 16mbps. Id say thats not bad for a file transfer but you didnt mention if you were using any security. My linksys has what is called Burst Mode, it allows more packets to be sent with reduced overhead. I havent tried it though.

Speedbooster

Reply to
Airhead

It would be under the device manager, network adapters, select your adapter and look at properties. Im not sure if the AP has a setting for this or not.

within a few

security. My

Reply to
Airhead

I tried the test with nil security, WEP and WAP. All times were within a few seconds.

Where is burst mode?

Brian

Reply to
Brian K

In the router settings, frame burst is enabled. I couldn't find any burst settings for the card.

Out of interest, could you do a similar transfer test to mine? I'd really like to see the result.

Brian

Reply to
Brian K

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.