wireless switch?

Im new to wireless Internet ISP... and am currently roaming hot points... when Im out of range, I get an error message saying `be sure your wireless switch is on'... I dont know where that `switch' is.... and couldnt find helpful help in the online manual... does anyone have a suggestion as to what Im missing? thanks.... JESL

Reply to
jeslawrence
Loading thread data ...

Your switch is likely on or you couldn't roam the "hot points". But you have to tell us the brand / model of your computer. I assume it's a laptop. Some have a hard dedicated switch that turns wi-fi on and off and some use a key combination. Like FN F2. Some boot up with wi-fi off and you have to use the key combo to turn it on. Usually this can be changed in the BIOS to have wi-fi turn on with the computer. But you need to know how to turn it off in the event you take your laptop on an airplane.

Reply to
DanR

It could be talking about a wireless router. A router is also known as a switch.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
jeslawrence

"jeslawrence" wrote in news:GeIye.391403$cg1.4607 @bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Actually, it is talking about a real switch, like a light switch. I have a Sony Vaio, and my switch is on the front of the computer. You can slide it to the side and the green light goes off and disables the wireless.

Most likely yours is also equipped with a switch on one of the sides of the laptop. What kind of computer is it?

Also, I post this specifically because I accidentally hit mine a while back, before I knew about it, and spent about an hour troubleshooting the network before I saw the switch on the front of the computer. Felt pretty smart about that one.

The Chairman

Reply to
The Chairman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.