Wireless strength fine on 2 Laptops but not on 3rd - where would i start?

Hi, hopefully this is easy for someone - if not i am looking at replacing a laptop, or smashing it up in frustration :eek:

We have 2 Mac laptops and one HP one. With a Netgear router + Netgear booster, the macs can get good/very good signal pretty much throughout the house.

But the HP laptop just seems to take ages to connect to the internet unless it's sitting next to the routers. Take it next door and its down to one bar of strength and runs like a dog - the Macs sit next to it working away just fine!

I'm not sure where to even start with this - is it even possible that wireless cards affect strength? or do they simply work or not?

Any quick starters for 10 appreciated.

thx.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
another1
Loading thread data ...

thread:

formatting link
Can you provide more information? The wifi on each PC should indicate signal strength and quality.

Reply to
miso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.