Wireless Storage Router Questions

I am looking for a reliable wireless storage router with basic FTP facilities.

Up till now I've been using a Netgear WGT634U wireless storage router and a USB hard drive. But the WGT634U has been very unreliable insofar as it keeps dropping the Internet connection. So Netgear has offered to replace it. However, I am not confident that any new WGT634U will be better than the old one. Guess I need something more robust here.

Therefore,

1. What's the best way to combine wireless networking capabilities and online FTP storage (as provided by the WGT634U mentioned above)?

1. Are there any good network storage solutions (external boxes) that can connect to any wirless router via ethernet (as opposed to USB)?

OR

1. Is there another 'all-in-one' product like the WGT634U that is much more realiable?

TIA.

Karen

Reply to
karen8392
Loading thread data ...

Check out the "Netdisk" from ximeta corp

formatting link
is BOTH (one at a time) a huge hard disk that can be a USB drive OR an ethernet drive and just plug into any wap/router ethernet port.. (I have 4 of the 250GB ones plugged into my Linksys WRT54G wap/router) so I have a terabyte online for any of my wifi connected laptops, and can change the cable and use it as a USB drive (much faster than ethernet & wifi) for backups and such..

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.