Wireless settings backup utility

I used Geeksquad to come over to my place and set up my home wireless network because... well, basically I'm an idiot.

Is there a backup utility that backs up the wireless settings on my laptops and my PC so that I will never have to phone Geeksquad again?

The settings within the router I assume are permanent so that always remains as it was set up, yes?

Reply to
46erjoe
Loading thread data ...

I encourage you to backup everything on your PC, not just the params that you are currently worried about.

As for the router params -- sorry, but some events can cause your router to lose its memory as well. Some routers, like the Linksys WRT54G, have the capability to save its params in a config file; but, that only moves the params into a file on your PC.

Reply to
Bob Willard

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:14:35 GMT, 46erjoe wrote in :

Did the Doltsquad, er Geeksquad leave you with a written summary of your settings? You're absolutely entitled to that -- demand it (at no extra charge). That should enable you to get back on line should anything go wrong.

You should be backing up your entire machine, which would of course get the wireless settings as well. There are many good backup utilities; e.g., Acronis True Image.

Yes.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.