Wireless security with unallowed accesses

Hi.

I've recently set up a wireless network at home with just one laptop and a D-Link DI-524 wireless router.

Every time I switch on my computer I get an unallowed access from a certain mac address. This then continues during the time my computer is switched on and it's always from the same mac address.

I don't know how to trace this mac address, all I looked up was the vendor and it sayed it was Apple Inc. ( I own an Acer laptop )

The network has WPA-psk encryption, firewall and mac filtering.

Is this someone from the outside looking, or trying to get in on my connection/computer? The strange thing it starts almost instantly I switch on my computer regardless of what the time is, middle of the night, 6 AM, etc..

Thnx in advance, /D

Reply to
dashel
Loading thread data ...

The same mac address is also trying to get access to the router when my computer is turned off. Just wanted to add that ;-)

/D

Reply to
dashel

Might it be the MAC address of your broadband modem??????

Reply to
DavidT

On 13 Jul 2006 07:15:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@toontrack.com wrote in :

Turn off the MAC filtering -- it's easily spoofed and has no real value.

Probably your own gear. Change the passphrase on WPA-PSK to something really strong, and don't worry.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.