Wireless Security Cameras - Jamming!

Hello everyone! I am new here :) Looks like a site full of informative members so hopefully someone can help me out.

I have recently bought a Wireless Security Camera set up. I got it fairly cheap on Ebay.. It came with 4 wireless color night vision cameras and a receiver box that connects to the computer through video cables and a DVR card.

Now.. the cameras work great.. but here is my question/problem. I have a wireless D-Link DI-524 2.4 ghz G router, and no matter what channel I put it on (1-11), when the cameras are turned on they completely jam my router's signal. It's literally as apparent as just turning off and on the router. PLug and cameras, no internet.. unplug them internet works perfectly. There are no settings for the cameras so my changes must be through my wifi set up.

Any suggestions? :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Rainier
Loading thread data ...

Rainier wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.wirelessforums.org:

I've experienced this problem and could not find a solution because all channels in the 802.11b/g [2.4GHz] band are swamped. 802.11a operates at 5GHz so may work, but that's a minority/dying technology.

I cane across it in a retail shop environment: security cameras that only transmitted when motion detectors spotted someone in range. So the data network was fine provided everyone stood stock still :-) I replaced WiFi with a wired LAN.

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.