Wireless Routers?

Have been thinking about upgrading to the newer MIMO technology and have considered between 3 different MIMO routers:

1. Netgear RangeMax WPN824 -
    formatting link
    D-Link DI-634M -
    formatting link
    Belkin F5D92304 -
    formatting link
    I can't seem to locate any reasonable reviews on all these products and was wondering if anyone knew of any good links for reviews on these products? or if anyone here has used these and what they think of them?

Thanks... :-)

Reply to
GuitarMan
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
david

I would incline against Belkin, though little experience with their APs, my issue is drivers for NICs, they are not good at updating drivers etc. I would therefore suspect if an issue came up with an AP from them the lack of software support could bite me. But that is me.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

formatting link

Hi, How about Linksys SRX router? I replaced WRT54G with it and signal strength throughout the house improved(no dead spot) and it seems faster. But I miss 3rd party f/w. D-link has lot of reliability problems, Belkin has weak fire wall. What I remember from reading some reviews before getting Linksys. Play guitar? I work on electric guitars and amps(particularly tube ones) as a hobby. Guitar playing nut in the house(my son), LOL. IMO, Linksys is a good choice.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang cried out

I would stick with Linksys, D-link is funky sometimes, and belkin in dodgy at best.

Reply to
Rosco

"GuitarMan" hath wroth:

General review of MIMO devices:

formatting link
there are more MIMO devices to choose from.

Review:

formatting link

These were combined into the general MIMO review. More reviews at:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I've had nothing but problems with nearly every D-Link product I've bought, and will never again buy another one. I pretty much stick with Linksys for new installs, FWIW.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I have a Linksys WAP54G and it has never caused the first problem. I have a three-story home and the signal covers the home very nicely. I can connect on the back deck, the front porch and even as far away as the road in front of the house which is almost 160' away from the WAP. It configures quickly and Linksys has kept it up to date with firmware upgrades.

Reply to
Ajax

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.