Wireless Range Extender Problem

I'm having problems with a recently purchased D-Linkg DWL-G710 wireless range extender I recently purchased. I bought it to extend the wireless connection from my 2wire modem/router because the connection was extremely weak to the point where it was only 36 mbps and the connectivity was low and unable to ping successfully all the time to the router. With the extender, I'm now able to ping to the router successfully and connect to any other computer connected to the router via an ethernet cable. The connectivity that the dell wireless computer with netgear wireless cards says that the connectivity is now

50-90% with windows saying the connection to be 54 mbps at low connectivity, but I can't seem to ping the two wireless computers to make them recognize each other as I want to set up a home network with internet access. Anyone know the reason why they can't seem to ping each other?
Reply to
SilverDragon0189
Loading thread data ...

On 25 Mar 2007 23:53:01 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in :

Hard to say without a lot more details on what you have and how it's configured.

Reply to
John Navas

Do you mean the placement of the stuff?

Reply to
SilverDragon0189

On 26 Mar 2007 21:05:03 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in :

I mean makes, models, firmware version, software versions, network topology, exact problems, etc.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.