wireless problems

ok this is my first time on this site and i think this is probably the right forum if its not then im sorry =(

this may be kinda long but this is the whole story and i dont have computer smarts by any means so please bare with me..

ok a couple weeks ago my computer was working fine, i was only using 1 computer i was on dsl bla bla bla not my problem.

so i just moved a couple days ago with my good friend and i hooked up my computer in my room and hes got his in the living room.. so i have everything hooked up and im connected wirelessly.. the connection says im fine its at about a medium/goood range level..

but when im bored i like to play games.. 1 particular game i like to play is a game called counterstrike. when it opens theres a list of about 1000 servers you can choose from and it usually ranges from about

10ping - 300 ping

ping = lag which im sure u no.. when i was connected by myself at my old place i had no problems with lag whatsoever everything was fine internet was fine

but now connected wirelessy i notice that when i play im getting constant lag and im getting kicked out of the game at first i thought it was a firewall but i dont have any running..

now ive heard from different people that when your run wirelessly its only truly a hassle when your both on at the same time but my roomate is hardly ever on his computer so im basically on mine alone so everyone said i shouldnt have a problemm... i dont no how to explain this any better because my username says it all i am probably the most computer retarded person on this planet. but i guess basically what im trying to say is. could it be bad internet connection or... blahhhhhhhhhhh i dont noo

im sure theres hundreds of reasons why its not working based on the useless information ive given you buttt if u can throw some maine ones at meeee id apreciate it..

i mean id rather sit here and try and explain myself as good as i can and maybe get a useful answer instead of paying some guy 50$ an hour to come n do something he'll probably fix in 5 minutes..

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
computerdumb
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like wireless interference (e.g., from a cordless phone). Try different channels (1, 6, 11).

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:04 -0500, computerdumb wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.