wireless problem

Hello and good day

I am student and I am working on my research as wireless security. What I need to do first is capturing the wireless traffic from my linksys wireless router (WRT54g with wpa2 security) and also from other existing wireless router or access point around myself.

I want to see all three types of wireless frames i.e. data frame, management frame, and control frame. My laptop wireless nic adapter is Intel wireless /pro 2200 GB and my windows is XP professional.

So far I am using Wireshark (Ethereal) and commview for wifi (although I have only evaluation version of this commvise for wifi) but I just can see Ethernet traffic not wireless packets.

I search through internet many many times but I could not find any solution to make me able to see data, management and control frames. As I understand so far is I have to use Linux with an wireless nic adapter which certainly has a prism chipset.

I ask many people but any body here could not help me. Can you please and kindly help me to do this? Thanks again

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
mina
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.