Wireless printer

Hi wireless,

I have this printer

formatting link
It requires me to use it via a usb a-b lead which is a bit of a paint as I use my wireless internet connection all over the house. What I was wondering ifs their a way to make this printer wireless ?

Appreciate any help \\ info on this :-)

Thanks

Reply to
maxi
Loading thread data ...

Trying to use multifunction printers from a wireless connection usually means losing anything other than the printing functionality.

What I've done is hang my printer off a desktop and shared that to the network. The printer's full range of features remain usable (on that PC) and everything else on the network can print through it. Works quite well. Even a barebones PC could do this with ease.

-Bill Kearney

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Kearney

printer

formatting link

You can use buy a wireless print server with the printer, but I have tried these before (two different types) and they were very problematic and didn't work.

What has become available the past few months are printers (not expensive) that have built-in wireless capability. I have an HP printer that cost $88. It is not a multifunction printer (I don't trust those), and works very well and has built-in wireless (WiFi not Bluetooth). It set up on all my PCs just fine, even a Mac laptop. It is not connected by hard-wire to any computer itself - it shows as a printer on the Ethernet wireless (WiFi) in my home.

Reply to
Dave

formatting link

Consider a plan B.. Wireless printer things usually suck (and won't do multifunction things for diddly), I picked up a used laptop at goodwill with wireless for $50... I not only have the printer on that (so it can be used by anything on the network) but also picked up a 1 Terabyte USB drive and have that on the laptop too, so in essence I have network storage AND a printer on my wireless network, and can use it not only from other laptops/desktops, but my PDA's and Tivo's too....

Reply to
Peter Pan

formatting link

You can use a wireless print server.

"

formatting link
" They claim that all functions will work, but I doubt that this is true. At least printing will work.

If you want to maintain full functionality then you can use wireless USB, i.e. "

formatting link
" but this is very expensive.

Reply to
SMS

formatting link

Reply to
TM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.