Wireless print server with parallel port & WPA

Hello,

I'm looking for a wireless print server that has a parallel port and supports WPA-PSK encryption. We have an a colour laser printer without a USB port, and our WLAN is using WPA-PSK.

AXIS, Linksys and a few others do do a product, but only support WEP! With no plans to update their firmware. :(

Can anyone suggest a product ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Emlynfluff
Loading thread data ...

Thanks Stein, I'm just after a wireless print server, not a complete wireless ADSL router.

LIke this product -

formatting link
But obviosuly I want one with a parallel port.

Reply to
Emlynfluff

A quick froogle search yeilds several:

formatting link

Reply to
Jerry Park

Thankyou Jerry.

I refined the search for the UK and the dozens of products reduced down to just the 1 ! The Motorola WPS870G would seem to do the job, nicely.

Reply to
Emlynfluff

wrote in :

I've got a D-Link DI-824VUP+, which supports VPN, PRT Mate printing (both USB and parallel port), WEP, WPA and WPA-PSK.

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett

It would indeed, if it actually supported WPA. But it doesn't, despite the specs saying that it does.

See "

formatting link
" I have been looking for the same type of print server. As someone else pointed out, the DI-824VUP+ would work, but it's more than just a print server.

The only one I was able to find, that really supports WPA, was one from ActionTec,

"

formatting link
" Review at: "
formatting link
" It cost $129, more than the All-In-One product from D-Link.

The less expensive way to go is probably an Ethernet to Parallel Port adapter, connected to a wireless access point.

Reply to
SMS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.