Wireless not connecting inspite of good signal

hi everyone... i have a big problem.. let me explain clearly.. I have an HP dv4000 laptop which i have been using since last 3yrs... i recently changed to BT wireless hub . I have no problems whatsoever connecting to Internet using this wireless from my laptop... until last friday i closed my laptop and came back on sunday to use it...

i am unable to connect to internet wirelessly... it is showing excellent signal on my laptop with good connectivity.. BUT I AM UNABLE TO CONNECT WHEN I OPEN IE I AM ABLE TO DO IT WITH AN ETHERNET CABLE>>>

i tried contacting all the support people BT, NORTON 360 and HP but they suggested few things but still no luck... all other laptops connected to this wireless are working amazingly.... AM so frustated and depressed can someone please help me and let me know where is the problem???

I have tried restarting router and laptop Tried disabling antivirus and firewall Tried conmpletely install wireles drivers again Tried restoring my system to earlier date Tried renew ip config Tried every possible thing i can .... PLease someone help me.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
drdeepak78
Loading thread data ...

1. Have you tried connecting to another network to see if your wireless card works?
2.It may also be that you have a problem with the MAC address filtering. If you are using filtering have you tried pairing the wireless again? 3.BT started a rollout of firmware 6.2.6.E on the 12th Dec. so I would check to see if you have the new version installed. If you have I would try resetting your router and reinstalling your settings.
Reply to
LR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.