Wireless no longer works

I have a HP laptop in my basement office. Since I already had Cat5 I have just used it to connect with my Linksys Wireless G. I had used wireless in the past down here and it worked fine. I would like to use the cable to connect this Vonage phone since the router is on the second floor. However, I get Wireless Connection not available error. I know there is a switch on the front of this laptop for wireless but the light does not come on when pressed. The router is set for B or G. Could it be that the internal wireless in this computer has failed - if so how does one check. Any ideas greatly appreciated. At this point I have no idea on how to proceed.

Reply to
Don Harvey
Loading thread data ...

Hi, Your wireless card must have utility which shows the status, configuration info., etc. Device manager will also show the status of the card. You could do ipconfig command to see what's going on......,etc.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Move the laptop to the second floor, next to the router, and see if it works there -- with nothing but a little air between laptop and router.

Reply to
Bob Willard

Thanks Guys,

No connection - for some reason the signal will not reach down here anymore, it could be anything. But I found a better solution. I had a 5 port linksys switch that I had bought for my office several years ago to add ports to the linksys 4 port router.

Reply to
Don Harvey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.