wireless network card on notebook

Dear Sir, I got a Toshiba notebook Satellite 2410-702 and I have a problem with wireless network card; the operating system running on notebook is windows xp home with service pack 2. In control panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager, in "Network adapters" there is not the "Wireless Network Connection"; I tried to install it adding a new hardware peripherals with drivers I found on cd-rom but I couldn't manage to install it. How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance, best regards

-Fulvio- PS: the drivers for network wireless card I dowloaded from official toshiba's site are the same as the drivers I have on cd

Reply to
FULK
Loading thread data ...

"FULK" wrote in news:r35Vd.57310$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it:

Hi,

Are you talking about your notebook's internal Mini-PCI card? Check to see if your notebook has a wireless card in the first place.

If the card is not being detected... the card could be defective. I used to have bad network card and it wouldn't be detected by the OS.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Yes I'm talking bout notebook's internal card (I don't know if it's PCI); I'm sure that there is! So it can be defective...is it something I can change by myself? I mean is it simply accessible and separated from mainboard or is it integrated in mainboard? Thanks in advance

Reply to
FULK

"FULK" wrote in news:SN5Vd.57389$lB4.1563560 @twister1.libero.it:

Yes, it is very easy to change. It is a Mini-PCI card - just open up the cover, and remove the card.

You can even find replacement cards on eBay really cheap!

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.